Wilson Combat lives in a world centered on concealed carry, building premium machines designed to never fail. Shoot their firearms and you’ll understand all that goes into their design and construction. Now the company introduces yet another carry model, and it delivers an impressive array of carry-driven features. The new Wilson Combat SFT9 comprises a double-stack steel frame, chambered in 9mm, and built for carry.
Wilson Combat SFT9 Details
The tagline on this gun promises a blend of the classic double-stack with modern reliability enhancements. In other words, take decades of 1911 experience, mate it with current trends toward carry packages in 9mm, and the SFT9 emerges.
The SFT9 frame comes from a solid block of T6-7075 aluminum. Wilson Combat precision machines the block down into a one-piece solid frame. The “solid” matters, as the frame measures a mere 1.155 inches wide. And that reduced diameter, paired with the company’s TRAK grip texture, delivers greater control of recoil, according to Wilson Combat.
Proven Carry Choices
The Commander-length slide and frame provide a familiar, proven carry package. Machined in-house, Wilson Combat gunsmiths hand-fit each 4 1/4-inch Match-Grade Bushing-style barrel. Upon completion, the pistol undergoes testing to validate reliability and accuracy standards. The proof is in the pudding, as they say. In our experience, Wilson Combat pistols deliver on that accuracy and reliability promise, as advertised.
The TRAK grip texture proves non-abrasive during shooting sessions. The rounded edges also help eliminate snag during draw from concealment. The stainless steel slide wears a corrosion-resistant and scratch-proof DLC (Diamond-like Carbon) finish. Finally, dovetail front and rear sights and wide cocking serrations round out this high-end package.
The Wilson Combat SFT9 starts at $3,095. For even more info, please visit wilsoncombat.com.
Wilson Combat SFT9 Specifications
- Available Calibers: 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 15 rounds
- Barrel Length: 4.25 inches
- Overall Length: 7.85 inches
- Sight Radius: 5.95 inches
- Height: 5.25 inches
- Width: 1.155 inches
- Weight Empty: 29.8 ounces
- Weight Loaded: 36.5 ounces
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5-inch at 25 yds
- MSRP: $3,095
Wilson Combat SFT9 Features
- High-Capacity Compact Size, Solid Body Aluminum TRAK-Frame
- TRAK Texture Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof Hammer
- Bullet Proof Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Lightweight Pad
- Bullet Proof Magazine Release
- Countersunk Slide Stop
- 4.25” Stainless Steel Slide
- Black DLC Finish on Slide
- Battlesight with Red Fiber Optic Front Sight
- 4.25” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Bushing, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI serrated Rear of Slide
- Wide Front and Rear Cocking Serrations
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
- 2 15-Round Capacity Magazines
- Armor-Tuff® Finish
- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety
- Sights – Green Fiber Optic, Red Fiber Optic, Tritium, Gold Bead
- Trigger Pad Length
When it comes to 1911s and premium pistol builds, Wilson Combat owns an enviable reputation. We know these folks, and we know they stay “in the lab,” continually perfecting design builds for carry, duty and sport. The SFT9 checks several boxes in current trends, as double-stack 9mm pistols for carry remain a hot commodity. Knowing what Wilson Combat puts into its builds, this one will surely shine.
Discussion about this post