Standard Manufacturing just announced the release of its newest pistol, and it’s one with a look that stands apart. The new Standard Manufacturing Damascus 1911 brings back a build design from yesteryear, delivering an uncommon approach to America’s ubiquitous 1911 design.
Standard Manufacturing Damascus 1911 Details
The Damascus 1911 draw on build techniques that incredibly date back to the Middle Ages. Both the frame and slide come from hand-forged processes. Old-world artisans make a chain pattern Damascus frame and slide, completing a look like no other. According to Standard Manufacturing, master gunsmiths take the Damascus blocks to make each 1911 individually. The resulting build requires a labor-intensive process. It includes polishing, stoning, and hand-fitting.
Ok, this Damascus 1911 comprises something different than the typical old Government Model. A true showpieces, the Damascus build design provides a finish and look seldom seen in modern gunmaking. Once prominently used in barrel making, Damascus has been surpassed in terms of performance and strength. But that look remains unmatched.
Obviously, few manufacturers will take on this type of build, or even can. The labor- and time-intensive builds obviously command a super-premium price as well. So hang on to your hats, as this bad boy will run you around $5,999. But we can say this pretty confidently–few modern 1911 builds will be able to compare to this one. For even more info, please visit stdgun.com.
Damascus 1911 Specs
- Chain Pattern 4140 Carbon Steel Damascus Frame and Slide
- 5 inch Stainless Steel Match Grade Barrel with Match Bushing
- Lowered and Flared Ejection Port and Rear Slide Serrations
- High Profile Low-Mount Tactical Sights
- Enhanced Slide to Frame Fit
- Up-swept Beavertail Grip Safety and Extended Magazine Release
- Checkered Mainspring Housing
- Fully Machined Extended Tactical Thumb Safety and Slide Stop
- Medium Solid Match Grade Trigger with 4.5-pound Trigger Pull
- Enhanced Machined Hammer
- Extra Fancy American Black Walnut Grips
- MSRP: $5,999
With a steel body and polymer basepad, the Springfield Armory 35-Round Extended Magazine brings...
by Ballistic Staff / Dec 15, 2021