One of the more difficult platforms to master in the gun business, especially on a large scale, has always been the PCC. The 9mm-based pistol caliber carbine proves volatile on the internals. Magazines and bolt hold opens cause hang ups. Reliability often wonders into the elusive. But in recent years, AR platforms have seemingly settled. Designs keep getting better, and 9mm platforms run better than ever before. And now Springfield Armory enters the market in a big way with the SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine.
Springfield Armory SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine
The new SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine brings a performance-driven design, putting a big Springfield Armory stamp on the sometimes elusive 9mm PCC platform. It features a full-length, free-floated handguard littered with M-Lok attachment points. A forged upper and lower receiver create a solid center from which to build.
The heart of the design comes via the direct blowback operating system. It works in tandem with a 16-inch barrel fitted with an SA Forward Blast Diverter. Again, another component selection driven by performance.
“The new SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine adds yet another layer of capability to the SAINT Victor line,” said Steve Kramer, Vice President of Marketing for Springfield Armory. “Combining the familiar handling characteristics and proven design of an AR with the rugged performance of a direct blowback system, the SAINT Victor in 9mm would make for a great addition to any shooter’s firearms collection.”
The SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine comes with spring-loaded, flip-up sights. A six-position collapsible B5 Systems Bravo Stock delivers versatility through its design. An ambidextrous safety gives shooters dual-hand operation. Better still, the system utilizes steel, Colt-pattern magazines and ships with a 32-round mag, making it race ready for PCC matches.
The new SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine retails for $1,299. For even more info, please visit springfield-armory.com.
Springfield Armory Saint Victor 9mm Carbine
- Caliber: 9mm
- Color: Black
- Barrel: 16-inch CMV, Melonite, 1:10
- Sights: Low Profile Spring-Loaded Adjustable Flip-Up
- Upper Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized
- Lower Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Accu-Tite Tension System
- Bolt Carrier Group: 9mm Blowback
- Handguard: Aluminum Free Float w/SA Locking Tabs, M-Lok
- Stock: B5 Systems Bravo
- Trigger: Nickel Boron Coated Flat
- Muzzle Device: SA 9mm Forward Blast Diverter
- Receiver Extension: 6-Position Adjustable
- Receiver End Plate: QD
- Charging Handle: Standard
- Safety Switch: Ambidextrous
- Trigger Guard: B5 Systems, Polymer
- Grip: B5 Systems Type 23 P-Grip
- Magazines: (1) 32-round
- Overall Weight: 6 pounds, 15 ounces
- Overall Length: 31.75-35 inches
- MSRP: $1,299
We’re pretty excited about this one. We’ve tested a whole bunch of 9mm carbines over the years. Stated quite simply, a lot of them never really ran. Magazine feeding problems and other reliability issues often plague lesser versions. We’re pretty confident Springfield will avoid such issues. They get ’em right before they ship ’em. Look for a full review real soon when we get some rounds downrange.