Enter the sweepstakes at the bottom of this article.
The Gun: Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle in .308 WINCHESTER
The Modern Precision Rifle is an ultra-lightweight chassis rifle designed to break with tradition. Beyond the folding stock the complete package is well equipped with a target contour Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel, carbon fiber comb, free-floating carbon fiber handguard, and 20 MOA rail.
The action and stainless steel side-baffle muzzle brake are finished in Black Nitride for a sleek look. The Modern Precision Rifle weighs in starting at 6.9 pounds and is backed by the Christensen Arms Sub-MOA Guarantee.
- Christensen Arms 416R Stainless Steel Aerograde Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel Target Profile
- Christensen Arms 7075 Billet Aluminum Chassis
- 14″ or 17″ Carbon Fiber Handguard with M-Lok™
- Adjustable Carbon Fiber Cheek Riser (1″ adjustment)
- Adjustable Length of Pull (12.5″-14.5″)
- Folding Stock with Locking Hinge and Magnelock™ Technology
- 6 Q/D Flushcup Mounts
- V-Block Bedding
- Standard AR Grip Compatible
- Monopod Picatinny Mount Ready
The Optic: Primary Arms SLx 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope
The Primary Arms 3-18x50mm first focal plane illuminated rifle scope punches far outside of its weight class. At 3x magnification, fast snap shots at close range are a breeze with the daylight bright illuminated reticle, but the scope easily allows shooters to reach the 1,000 yard line when cranked up to the full 18x available at the top end. To make the best of the reticle at every magnification, it has been etched into the first focal plane. This allows it to be 'true' at every magnification, allowing the ranging, hold overs, and wind holds to be used as long as you can see them.
- First Focal Plane reticle is true at every magnification
- Partial reticle illumination of the horseshoe and chevron is daylight bright
- ACSS HUD DMR 308 Reticle provides moving target holds out to 600 yards, as well as ranging, bullet drop, and wind holds out to 1,000 yards
- Calibrated for .308 Winchester
- Chevron central aiming point provides infinitely small aiming point
- Replaceable power ring fin can be positioned to user preference
- Locking, Zero resettable turrets
- 30mm main tube
- Includes Butler Creek flip up scope covers
- Objective: 43
- Eye: 19
- Weight: 25.4 oz. with battery, without lens covers
- Water proof, fog resistant, shock resistant
- Lifetime warranty
The Ammo: Black Hills .308 Winchester Match 152 Gr. Solid Copper Dual Performance
These monolithic copper and gilding metal bullets offer some great performance capabilities that can meet and surpass performance of the best lead core designs.
The new Dual Performance Ammunition from Black Hills is the newest example. The Dual Performance projectiles are precision machined, monolithic copper projectiles that immediately expand upon impact to form a large temporary cavity exceeding that of conventional bullets. Once the large primary cavity is created, the petals release from the body of the projectile to cut separate wound tracks through the stressed tissue. The body of the bullet, still retaining a very substantial portion of the original weight, but now free from the unnecessary drag, penetrates deeply to ensure maximum effect on the target.
Dual Performance Ammunition by Black Hills is initially available in a .308 152 grain version at 2800 fps from a 24” barrel. The performance of these rounds will set a new standard in these calibers and the accuracy ensures the terminal capability is delivered with precision.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
- Caliber: .308 Winchester Match
- Bullet Weight: 152 Grains
- Bullet Style: Dual Performance- Monolithic Copper Hollow Point
- Case Type: New Brass
The Range Bag: Elite Survival Systems Covert Operations Discreet Carry Case
Elite Survival Systems Covert Operations Cases are constructed of padded 1000 denier nylon with closed cell foam padding and heavy-duty zippers and hardware. These heavy duty carry bags are designed for a user to tie down a weapon, assembled or taken down.
- Constructed of extremely durable 1000 denier nylon
- Closed-cell foam padding (removable)
- Large, padded external pocket
- Loop Velcro section to attach pouches and accessories
- Padded divider separates weapon from Velcro attach area
- Adjustable, removable triple magazine pouch (specify style upon ordering)
- Four adjustable tie-down strap
Enter here if you are having trouble entering the sweepstakes on this page.
How Does “Free Gun Friday” Work?
We’ve partnered with a different manufacturer for every month of 2020.
For the first Friday of every month, we’ll announce the new giveaway gun. On that day, we’ll open up the sweepstakes for readers to enter and win the gun. We’ll also release our first video on the gun, where you can learn about what you’re entering to win.
On the second and third Fridays of each month, we’ll release two more videos showing the gun in action. Our experts have taken it to the range and run it through drills to make sure it’s ready to rock by the time it gets to you.
Which brings us to the last day of the month when the sweepstakes ends. The next week we will select a winner and send out an email notifying the lucky reader.