For Season 2 of "Long Range Precision," we are going long and tackling some of the topics that should interest you most. Rifles, ammo, and their supportive accessories have all become so good that most people can achieve long range success than ever before. However, there's more to precision shooting than properly pressing a trigger, and we’ll explore those topics in this seven-part series.
You’ll get a look into the effects of the wind on a bullet’s flight and understand exactly what’s going on down range. We teamed up with the guys from Barnes ammunition to show us how it all works. We’ll give you tips that will help you shoot better in windy conditions.
We’ll also break down some of the lingo and terminology that's used in precision shooting, so you can truly understand what’s going on and have better communication with your buddies on the range.
Using a precision rifle optic is a huge and widely misunderstood topic, but we take it on. We deliver an extremely detailed and in-depth look at precision rifle optics and what makes them tick. We cover everything from nomenclature to what you’ll want to look for in a precision rifle optic.
Last on our list are tips and techniques to consider for your precision shooting outings, as well as ammunition; both factory and the benefits of reloading.
Did you miss Season 1 of Long Range Precision? Binge watch watch all six episodes below:
Want more long range shooting? Grab a copy of the Ballistic Precision Edition issue available here!
There is a common theme to be found in honest conversations among precision shooters—the quest to improve. This “improvement” theme held by the precision community can be found all throughout this special issue of Ballistic.Former Navy SEAL sniper instructor Joe Dawson gives you straight talk on why we miss, and Andy Hawkins shares solid shooting tips to help you practice more effectively. Retired Marine scout sniper Tyler Hughes provides step-by-step instruction to help you master shooting from a tripod. We hope you’re ready to dive into this issue and learn even more!
- THE SANDMAN SHOOTETH - On the firing line with Amir Bichay, the precision world’s rising star
- READY TO COMPETE? - Everything you need to get into today’s long-range matches
- AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL - The half-inch dot drill will truly test your grasp of the fundamentals
- MODULAR MASTER - The Barrett MRAD has been turning heads for years, and now it’s USSOCOM approved
- THREE IN ONE - The multi-caliber Accurate-Mag AMSR is designed to handle any sniping mission
- HIGH-END GLASS - The best scopes for today’s demanding shooters
- WHY DO WE MISS? - The answer lies in how well you can read the wind
- MATCH-READY RIFLES - The best new guns to help you go long without breaking the bank
- SHAPE UP & FLY RIGHT - This guide to bullet design will help you cut through the clutter and choose the best
- STOCKPILE - Brand-new gear and accessories to complete your loadout