Today’s Ballistic’s Best 2020 Reader’s Choice voting total brings us to the “Best Semi-Auto AR-10 Rifle” category. It might not be the biggest category, but it doesn’t lack in firepower.
2020 Reader’s Choice for “Best Semi-Auto AR-10 Rifle”
The nominees for our 2020 Reader’s Choice “Best Semi-Auto AR-10 Rifle” were:
- POF-USA Rogue
- Rock River Arms Select Target BT-3
- SIG Sauer 716i TREAD
Before we get to the winner, here are all of the categories in our 2020 Reader’s Choice voting:
- Full-Size Semi-Auto Handgun — Winner Here
- Compact Semi-Auto Handgun — Winner Here
- 1911 — Winner Here
- Revolver (DA/SA .357 Magnum) — Winner Here
- Tactical Pump Shotgun — Winner Here
- AR-15 Pistol — Winner Here
- Semi-Auto AR-15 Rifle — Winner Here
- Semi-Auto AR-10 Rifle
- Bolt-Action Rifle (6.5 Creedmoor) — Winner Here
In total, there were 12,080 votes for the “Best Semi-Auto AR-10 Rifle” category. Grabbing more than 7,000 of the votes for a total of 59.13 percent is the winner: the SIG Sauer 716i TREAD.
SIG Sauer 716i TREAD Details
Here’s what our experts had to say about the SIG Sauer 716i TREAD in their testing for the 2020 issue of Ballistic’s Best:
“The SIG Sauer TREAD lived up to its name as a good value, and for $1,399 you get a great AR-10 with a nice trigger, an ambidextrous safety, and upgraded grip and stock. Reliable and accurate, it was for the most part a dead heat. You simply cannot go wrong with any of these rifles.”
SIG Sauer 716i TREAD Specs
- Caliber: .308 Win.
- Barrel: 16 inches
- Overall Length: 37 inches
- Overall Weight: 6.5 pounds (empty)
- Stocks: BCM
- Sights: None
- Action: Direct Impingement
- Finish: Hard anodized
- Capacity: 20+1
- MSRP: $1,429
Also, if you want to see all of the official winners, grab a copy of Ballistic’s Best 2020. Both print and digital subs are available now at OutdoorGroupStore.com.