Before we can press the trigger with the slightest hope of any success, we must first have a ballistic solution. Some call it DOPE. There is a host of ballistic solvers at the ready for the precision rifle shooter. They all technically do the same thing, and in some cases slightly differently. They all rely on accurate data inputs to give us accurate outputs. One of those important inputs is the target distance or range. The Leupold RX-2800 TBR-W provides a solid tool to gather that data.
Leupold RX-2800 TBR-W Details
The RX-2800 TBR-W (True Ballistic Range-Wind) comprises a compact, lightweight, rugged and fast rangefinder. It brings back ranges, quickly, with ease. Ballistic solutions come binned in 25 selectable groups, accounting for your cartridge. You pick the group based on the information provided with the rangefinder. It takes into account shot angle and helps with wind holds as well.
Leupold claims 1/2-yard accuracy with the RX-2800, and it features 7X magnification. it’s a solid unit that is small and handy, making it an attractive unit to keep on you. The reticle features open space in the middle, with arrows pointing to the center. The design may make you suspect a margin of error, however there is not. The ranges are there in a jiffy and spot on. With few bells and whistles, the RX-2800 TBR-W remains formidable.
The RX-2800 TBR-W retails for $599.99. For even more info, please visit leupold.com.
Leupold RX-2800 TBR-W Features
- Magnification: 7X
- Tripod Compatible (1/4-20): Yes
- Rifle Angle Compensation: TBR/W
- True Ballistic Range-Wind (TBR/W): yes
- True Ballistic Range (TBR): No
- Horizontal Distance (TRIG-H): No
- Battery Type: CR123
- Display Color: OLED (Red Display)
- Overall Length: 4.3 inches
- Overall Width: 1.5 inches
- Height: 3 inches
- Overall Weight: 7.9 ounces
- Objective Diameter: 27mm
- Linear FOV (ft @ 1,000 yards): 318
- Angular FOV: 6.3 degrees
- Eye Relief: 16mm
- Light Transmission: 85 percent
- Accuracy to 125 yards: .5
- Max Range (Deer): 1,800 yards
- Max Range (Trees): 2,400 yards
- Max Range (Reflective): 2,800 yards
- MSRP: $599.99
This review originally appeared in a larger Buyer’s Guide of laser rangefinders in the August-September 2022 issue of Ballistic Magazine. Get your copy of the Ballistic Precision special issue at OutdoorGroupStore.com.