There’s a certain type of American out there. They don’t like bullies, and when they see one, they want to join the fight. Maybe is came from growing up watching “Red Dawn,” or even if younger, the cult classic somehow seeped into their consciousness. Maybe it was the 2012 remake. Regardless, some Americans are reportedly looking for information on how they can get to Ukraine and fight the Russians.
Fight the Russians!
We stumbled across a report on MSN. The outlet laid out in detail the steps currently required to head to Eastern Europe to take on the Ruskies.
First, Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky created “The International Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine,” reported MSN. So far, the Ukrainians have done a tremendous job fighting back a mathematically overwhelming force. The Russian invasion leaves a lot of puzzling questions so far about what we thought made up Russia’s military might. Units appear disinterested in fighting, reportedly made up of mostly young conscripts in the first wave of the invasion. We also see apparent logistical failures, with food and fuel seemingly short in supply, according to multiple U.S. DOD reports. But above all, the fighting spirit of Ukraine remains an overwhelming factor.
President Zelensky remains defiant, showing incredible leadership to his countrymen. Meanwhile, famous Ukrainians like the legendary boxing Klitschko brothers, equally inspire the fight.
But Russia escalated attacks last night with a vicious bombing campaign. Massive convoys of Russian troops also continue pouring in from seemingly all directions along the eastern front. The Ukrainians will likely need some help to ultimately survive.
Join the Fight
So here’s what you need to do if you want to join the fight in Ukraine. MSN reported:
- Contact the Ukrainian embassy in Washington, D.C., to let them know your intentions to join the International Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine. If you can’t visit the embassy in person, then you can call or email. Here is the contact information for the U.S. embassy. Here’s the list of international embassies for Ukraine.
- Gather important documents. These include an ID, passport to travel internationally, any military service records, work with law enforcement agencies, or combat history.
- Bring documents to the interview. These are necessary for all in-person interviews.
- Write an application for enlistment. This is for an enlistment in the Ukrainian campaign against Russia. This serves as an addendum to the first step.
- Get your instructions on how to get to Ukraine and what to bring. Recommended items would include: Military clothing, helmet, body armor, vests, belts, and equipment like combat gloves, tactical glasses, and more.
- Be organized. Ukrainian officials and consuls will help guide you into the country. Contacts for them would be provided at the embassy, whether it’s in Washington or whatever country you’re applying from. Here’s the full list of Ukrainian embassies and consulates.