Retired U.S. Navy veteran Justin Hodge admits that he was anxious to start rocking a beard again after 20 years of service. “I knew that if I was going to do it, I was going to do it right,” said the former Navy test parachutist.
But he was quickly reminded how much effort it takes to maintain a proper muzzle rug. So he started the Alpha Beard Company, which provides high-quality beard-care products for all the guys sporting face fleeces worldwide.
We teamed up with Hodge and John Tims from Self-Wrought for the first-ever #BallisticBeards contest. Have some awesome facial hair you think deserves some beard-related swag? Here’s your chance to make it count. Post a photo of your beard on Instagram, use the hashtag #BallisticBeards and tag @AthlonOutdoors for a chance to win some gear and be featured on ballisticmag.com.
We’ll announce a winner on April 1, 2019. First place, as chosen by the Ballistic crew, gets the following:
- From Self-Wrought — One (1) each: Tobacco Bourbon, Brown Sugar, Woods scented Beard Oils
- From Self-Wrought — One (1) Old Man’s Bear Leather Beard Pomade
- From Self-Wrought — One (1) Bottle Beard Conditioner
- From Alpha Beard Company — One (1) each: Barber’s Rum, Pine Grove, Sandalwood, Original scented Beard Oils
- A one-year subscription to Ballistic Magazine
Second and third place get a one-year subscription to Ballistic Magazine … we know, what a sh*tty consolation prize. So start snapping those pics and get on Instagram now! Read the full rules here.
Known as Sensei Kreese in 'The Karate Kid,' Martin Kove sat down for some...
by Scott Conditt / Dec 27, 2018